Links

Friday, April 23, 2010

Top 20 Draft Board ~ 2nd/3rd Round

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Golden Taint, WR, Notre Dame- Love his go up and get it skills. Love that he can return. Love his name.
2. Jimmer Clausen, QB, Notre Dame- Don't like him personally, but if Weis wants him, then I want him. Don't pass up a chance to get a quarterback you think will be a stud, even if you like the one you have. Slide could be embarrassing enough to provide what it takes to succeed at Quarterback. I feel we'd have to trade up to get him, and I wouldn't be against it.
3. Eric Norwood, OLB, South Carolina- Will be there with our second 2nd Round pick (#50). Fits my biggest need for the team.
4. Carlos Dunlap, OLB, Florida- Fell under my radar, but could be a freakish rush Linebacker if he wants to be. Showed up big in the Gators' bowl victories from the past two years, winning Defensive MVP honors from their 2008 BCS Championship victory.
5. Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama- We know what he does, we know what he doesn't do. We need somebody like him.
6. Damian Williams, WR, USC- At #50 if we don't pick Tate.
7. Everson Griffen, OLB, USC- My main man, Bill, likes him, which is good enough for me.
8. Koa Misi, OLB, Utah- WE NEED AN OUTSIDE LINEBACKER!!! I hope that point is getting across. Would love adding a Samoan to our team.
9. Linval Joseph, NT, East Carolina- People like him.
10. Charles Brown, OT, USC- 1st Team All-American. Sounds good to me.
11. Taylor Mays, S, USC- Yes, we already took a safety, but Mays has freaky athleticism, and I kind of like the idea of two safeties growing into the position together. Would only take him at #50, but don't think he'll still be there.
12. Cam Thomas, NT, North Carolina- The last of the Nose Tackles that could be taken in the 2nd Round.
13. Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida- Would provide more leadership to the defense. And he's been known to gauge eyes, which I don't like out of my friends, but I like out of my defensive players. Would make a great 3rd Rounder.
14. Vladimir Ducasse, OT, Massachusetts- Project at Right Tackle.
15. Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas- Seems to fit the 3-4 perfectly, but has major injury concerns with his knees. He wasn't productive enough for my taste.
16. Mardy Gilyard, WR, Cincinnati- Fiesty lil' slot receiver and returner that could be around in the 3rd Round.
17. Aaron Hernandez, TE, Florida- Love him as a 3rd Round pick, only if we don't pick up a Wide Receiver in the 2nd Round.
18. Justin Saffold, OT, Indiana- They tell me he's good.
19. Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois- Great in 2008, but struggled with injuries in 2009.
20. Navorro Bowman, LB, Penn St- Produced in college at Linebacker U, but I'm not sure where he projects in the NFL.
AND 1. Jacoby Ford, WR, Clemson- Ran the fastest 40 time at the NFL Combine. Would be a fun little slot receiver and returner. 3rd or maybe even 4th Rounder.

-Dirkness

No comments: