Links

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Kansas City Chiefs Game 1 Media Reactions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Without much insight to share from the game last night, and with recovery still a few days away, I thought I'd share what the media (mostly national) has been saying about the big Chiefs victory over the San Diego Chargers last night, specifically about what I touched on prior to the game, the Arrowhead Stadium crowd. I wanted the nation to realize they'd been overlooking Kansas City for what it was the last few years (due to sucking), the best crowd in the NFL. And this may have been the best NFL game I've ever been to (with only the 2003 Chiefs-Broncos- Dante's return- game as competition).

I plan on rewatching the game on TV to see what many of you out there saw. When your in attendance at a game, individual plays and players take less precedence, with all emotion and brainpower put towards winning the game and what's about to happen next. On TV, you get replays and announcers telling you who did what. I'll be sure to share some thoughts after watching some film this week. For now, my thoughts don't extend past this.....




Michael Wilbon had this to say on Tuesday's Pardon the Interruption...
Last night (the crowd) lifted that team. As loud and appreciative a crowd as I've ever seen in pro football.
The Evil Empire's Sports Guy had this to say via Twitter...
Great job by the Chiefs fans tonight. Now that was a football crowd!
Tony Reali on Around the Horn intro'd the game like this...
The New Arrowhead Stadium, what'd you guys think? It was CRAZY LOUD! And they had plenty to cheer about.
Woody Paige on Around the Horn made this large statement...
They've (Chiefs) always had that great support. Give them a little bit of a team and they'll come out and be the best crowd in the NFL.
Former Kansas City Star columnist Joe Posnanski busted this tweet out...
Even if it's only for a night, it's great to see Arrowhead alive and red and loud again.
Current KC Star columnist Sam Mellinger added this....
Chiefs crowd is rocking. Feel like I'm in a time machine.
Edit: Jim Rome did come through with this via twitter...
Man...been a few mins since I've seen Kansas City's house this ELECTRIC. That joint is bumping HARD. 

These were just the ones I came across in my favorite morning after Chiefs game in quite some time. Scott Van Pelt was also raving about the crowd from last night, but I didn't get a chance to record his show. The only person that didn't touch on the crowd at all was Jim Rome (edit), who spent his time raving about our young speedsters instead. I'll take it. More coming on the Chiefs this week when my head is no longer pounding.

His Dirkness

No comments: